Monday, March 5, 2012

Training- Day 1

Cheryl-
I was very excited about the first OFFICIAL day of training. It was only a 15 minute "recovery walk," and to be honest, I was really busy and almost skipped it! Almost. But I realized, it's not about the 15 minute walk. It's about taking the first step on this journey. It's about commitment. It's about honoring myself enough to take the time I need to train properly... ALL the time I need.

The weather was sunny, but the wind was biting cold. I was glad I wore my headband over my ears! I thought about my commitment to walk in any weather, and about possibly walking in the rain or snow. I felt strong and proud and excited. Most of all, I felt connected. Connected to Judy and Jill, who I knew were starting training today, too. And connected to women, everywhere, whose lives are affected by breast cancer. If not the women themselves, their mothers, sisters, cousins, friends, neighbors, co-workers. We are all in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment