Wednesday, March 21, 2012

In Honor of Kathy....

Today is a sad day. My cousin Kathy died today. It was my mom's first cousin and of all the cousins, this one was really cool!! I loved her. She came to visit us in Atlanta and was so happy and fun and just plain cool!! Kathy was just diagnosed with cancer about 2 weeks ago. She never came home from the hospital and I don't know the source of the cancer except that it infiltrated and poisoned her entire body. Liver, lungs, bones....Last night I had the most unusual dreams. Kathy kept coming to me and I felt her. At one point in my dreams I felt as if I had the cancer and I was dying. It was strange as it kept going back and forth...Kathy and then me.. i have no explanation for this, but I am happy to have spent some time with her (even if it was in my dreams)...i saw my Uncle Bill, her father, come to get her. All of this happened in my dreams yet it felt so real. I even told Michael about it this morning. I had no idea that she would die today. I don't think anyone expected it to be this soon or even if it would happen at all. My mom saw her last week and she told my mom that she would "beat this". She was going to fight. But I guess it was not up to her. Her journey was this way and not through fighting or battling this cancer, but surrendering and letting go! Kathy has 2 daughters and 2 grand children and her husband. My heart breaks for all of them and I send my prayers and my blessings to them. So now I will walk for Kathy as well as Donna!! I am so sorry. I will miss you!!

Not much else to say today. Except that nothing is for certain and everything is a mystery. I embrace the mystery of this life. I embrace the mystery of this walk...and all the connections and people I come to know better along the way!!

In memory of Kathy, when I think of you, I just smile..you had that way about you to make so many smile!!

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment