Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy Sunday!

After our 7 mile walk on Wednesday, I walked about 3 miles with Mike on Thursday night, then 4 miles by myself on Friday. By Friday night I was SO exhausted, I knew I needed a day off. So I did NOTHING yesterday, and it felt great! Mike and I are meeting Jill and Jay this morning for a walk, maybe 4 or 5 miles. I'm ready for it!

I have to brag about my friend Anita. She has offered to host a fundraising party and she is just so awesome. She is asking everyone for donations for the raffle, buying wine glasses, really going above and beyond. I am so grateful for all of her help and energy and enthusiasm. Thank you, Anita!!

My donations have slowed down, too, but Judy, we really can't take it personally. Maybe send out a reminder letter, and then a last minute plea, and then... let it go. Michael is right; you WILL make your goal. We can't know everything that's going on in people's lives. People are busy, people have lots of obligations, people forget! I am trying to ask, and then let go of all expectations. I know more people will donate, in their own time.

I am wondering how long it takes for checks to post? I had a couple of people send me checks, which I mailed in with a coupon, but they haven't shown up on my total yet. I guess I'll wait a few more days before emailing Sasha about that. She's probably sick of hearing from me:-)))

Have a glorious Sunday-
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment