Monday, March 26, 2012

I'm Back!!

Hey, Ju!!

Didn't mean to abandon you! Kaitlin was home for spring break last week, and it was so rainy, we decided to go to St. Louis for a few days! It was so much fun. We did all the touristy things and laughed and ate and had a blast. Now that the kids are older, I truly treasure the times we can all be together and enjoy ourselves. I know, more and more, the kids will start to live their own lives, so this little trip was so special.

I'm so sorry to hear about Kathy. I know it sounds condescending, and I don't mean it that way, but to look on the bright side, she didn't suffer for long. I will keep her in my prayers and in my heart.

As for training... I was sort of slack last week, because I am too wimpy to walk in the rain. (it was SERIOUS rain:-) But, we did walk a lot in St. Louis... does that count? Probably not. Well, did 4 miles on Saturday with Kaitlin. Then Jill and I met up on Sunday and walked 9.5 miles, our longest walk yet. I was really exhausted. it was very warm and very sunny. I didn't have enough water, for sure. At the end, I just kept jabbering away to Jill to keep my mind off of how tired I was and how tired my legs were and how much my feet wanted a rest! Then I went home and ATE!! I was so hungry!

So, this made me really think about walking this distance almost 3 times over at one time! I'm just hoping that, with consistent training, I'll make it. I took today off!

As for fundraising, I am a little over halfway there! I am planning the fundraising party for April 20. I think I will send out my reminder emails about 2 weeks before, along with an invitation to the party. People have been really generous with donations for the raffle. I hope this will put me over the top!

Jill is doing pretty well with her fundraising. She is working way more than she wants to and is so short on time. She is working this week Mon. through Thurs., and then she leaves on Friday morning to visit her daughter at college for Parents' Weekend. She's concerned about missing training.

Ju, I am so so so sorry you are mostly walking alone! That must be really hard. I don't know how you are doing it! If you can get a cheap flight, you should come out here the week before the walk so we can do some 20 milers together! I am begging a friend of mine who is a runner to walk a long walk with me this week!

So, now we are all caught up! I, too, am trying to keep focused on WHY I am in this: TO END IT!!! It will all work out.

Love, love to you!!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment